The Arts in Central Park outdoor art fair is organized as a collaboration between the Decatur Area Arts Council and Gallery 510 Arts Guild, Ltd. The 2 entities have worked together on this art fair for approximately 18 years since 1995. An art fair has existed in Central Park for 55 years as of 2017 but only as a juried fair since 1995.
Decatur is celebrating the 55th year in 2017 of hosting an art show in historic Central Park in downtown Decatur. This juried art show is sponsored by Decatur Area Arts Council and Gallery 510 Arts Guild, Ltd. We are dedicated to sponsoring an art show of the highest quality. There is a festive atmosphere with music, children’s activities and food booths creating a pleasant and rewarding experience for everyone.
Purpose: This is organized as a public service for the community and regional artists
Venue: Central Park, Decatur, IL
Deadline for entering: June 1 each year
Mediums accepted: all visual fine art and fine craft
One 10’x10’ space is provided for each artist. Spaces vary in clearance height due to trees. If you use a canopy, please indicate height on the application so the committee can assign you a suitable location. Special requests will be considered when possible. Please note on application.
Complimentary coffee and refreshments will be provided for the artists both days. Assistance is available for set-up and take-down Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Booth sitters will be available for breaks each day. Security provided on Friday and Saturday nights. Lunch options include vendors on the grounds and nearby restaurants. Monetary awards and ribbons, determined by qualified judges, will be presented for Best of Show and in each of the 6 categories. Number of places in each category based on number of artists in each category.
All new artists must be juried in order to be accepted into the 2017 show.
- Complete the Arts in Central Park 2017 application. Available through DAAC (external link) or here (pdf).
- Submit five images on a CD that clearly represent all art to be exhibited.
- Images must be of work completed by the artist in the past two years.
- Artwork will be evaluated by three qualified jurors for craftsmanship, originality, and design.
- Enclose a check made payable to Decatur Area Arts Council. $115 for artists being juried ($100 booth fee and $15 jury fee). $100 for returning artists that were juried in 2012 and 2011.
- Artists not accepted will receive a refund check for the $100 booth fee.
- Applications must be postmarked by June 1, 2017.